Friday, February 25, 2011

Very special trip to Istanbul

One of my personal highlights of the past months was my trip to Istanbul with two special friends, Holly and Thorsten Becker. It was their first trip ever to Turkey and it was wonderful to see, that they both loved Istanbul. Of course I have been very proud to show them my hometown and be their guide, but we also had so much fun together and had the best time..Just to mention some of the things we did together:
We enjoyed little things like fresh pomegranate juice, roasted chestnuts or salep...sooo yummy..
We spent hours inside the mighty Topkapi Palace, which was very impressive and inspiring for my friends..
We walked through the streets of Istanbul and saw history inbetween modern buildings..
We had a great time spending hours in the Grand Bazaar, where we discovered some special goodies..
Not to forget the delicious meals and all the coffee and tea-breaks..My friends loved the Turkish delight and the apple tea :) Thank you Holly & Thorsten so much for joining me to Istanbul, we will be back soon, yay !!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I remember Holly mentioning her trip to Istanbul - how great to see a report from her special hometown guide! (I love the photo from Galata)

Esra said...

Thank you SO much, dear Tara!! Sevgiler, Esra :)

Fashion accessories said...

I am very much impressed by the details you have provided about your trip to Istanbul.Hope you have enjoyed it thoroughly.I would like to introduce you to a famous branded jewellery store i.e Tresor Paris which offers a wide range of fashion accessories made of crystal beads and magnetite stones. The designer jeweleries are elegant and classy.You can check out the collection at: http://www.tresorparis.com